Friday, February 1, 2013

Gifting from the Sketchbook

And now a flashback to December...  I enjoy creating art and creating in general (usually).  I also get a kick out of finding and giving gifts that mean something to the recipient.  The two loves merged this past Christmas season.  Dusty 1950's-ish melamine plates from my childhood, stored away years ago by my nostalgic parents, were cleaned up and put in shadow boxes with a background of words heard around our family table.  Gifts for my siblings.  Remember the vacation art inspired by the quilt store side trip in Arizona?  That sketch was recreated with a touch of color and gifted to Mom.  There were more art related gifts, but we'll get to that in a future post.


Side note 1:  Sorry about the glare folks.  I neglected to photograph this before framing it.  After my son literally shed blood getting out the exceptionally tight-fitting glass of the floating frame (glass front and back), I didn't want to ask him to do it again so I could get a decent photo.

Side note 2:  The 30 Day Drawing Challenge continues with some progress - practicing some "real" art.  More on that soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...