Thursday, August 1, 2013

Milo and the Fading Windmills

Milo interrupted the little blue sketchbook photo session to investigate the little blue ribbon.




These pages are from the first leg (& foot, heh heh) of another road trip.  New Derwent Inktense pencils were pulled fresh from the tin to create my traditional foot sketch and then a plethora of hugemongous windmills scattered along our route.  The Inktense pencils are used like watercolor pencils, but are generally much brighter when you pull the wet brush across them.  Lots of fun!  At least, I thought so at the time.

Then (dunt, dunt, DUM!) I came across a post on Roz Stendahl's blog explaining how badly these pencils fade - as in they fade to almost all gray.  WHAT?!  I quickly scanned through her posts reviewing Inktense and Graphitints (which I have a few of).  Not good news.  *pouty face*  But, I really like them!  *crossing arms*  I want them to keep their color!  *stomps feet*  No fair!


I have real troubles tossing things, especially plants and art tools.  I had a light bulb moment while typing this.  No tossing out.  Instead, I'll attempt monochromatic line & wash.  Only one "color" per sketch.  Hey - I just invented an experiment.  Time to grab some paper & get busy.  I'll leave the pages in the sun a few months and let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...