Monday, July 29, 2013

Indecision and Thievery

I've kidded that following the completion (birth) of the family drawing, a touch of postpartum depression settled in.  Much work & worry led up to the auction and then, suddenly, it was over.  I went home with a sense of relief, but also a bit lost.  Now what?  I finally sketched some yesterday - from the back seat while driving with my hubby & pop-in-law.  What next?  A class?  More pencil?  A different medium?  Oh the pressure!  I promised my daughter I'd start on her birthday art before August 1.  That will be next... whenever I figure out what it will be.

In the meantime, another prepackaged post from the little blue sketchbook:

These are a few of my notes from Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon.  Austin's book is crammed with great advice on developing creativity.  I highly recommend this easy read for anyone.  I read it as an electronic library book (can't write in that), hence the pages of notes.

Yes, that is a spot of chocolate on the right page - as it should be.




These notes are a good poke in the ribs while paging through my sketchbook.  I'm also slowly reading Robert Henri's The Art Spirit and James Gurney's Color and Light.  There is an ocean of info in both and my sleep-deprived brain needs time to soak it in... that is before I move on to the 845 other art books on my must read list.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...