Thursday, January 16, 2014

Nick of Time

The Sketchbook Project pages were finished at 3:38 pm on the 15th (postmarked-or-you're-out date).  I walked into the post office at 3:50.  The envelope was sealed and handed over at 3:55.  The mail must be in the hands of the postal people by 4:10 to go anywhere that day.  Just made it.


This is the cover.  I snapped lightening-speed photos with my phone before sprinting out the door.  (No, I did not speed to get there - too paranoid about getting a ticket & missing the deadline.)  My book is not full of fabulously realistic drawings, as originally intended.  Dang procrastination. It is, hopefully, a somewhat amusing and simply illustrated story.

The pages will be digitized after arriving at The Sketchbook Project headquarters.  I'll get back to you with the final photos in 6-8 weeks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...