Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cute Procrastination... or maybe Motivation?

Sunday:

We spent the weekend de-Christmasing inside the house.  I love overdecorating, so it takes awhile.  Sunday afternoon Milo plopped on my lap and actually stretched out towards me instead of the usual tail-in-the-face posture.  Aha - a chance to draw his face!  I barely started and he stretched.  Fortunately he settled in the same spot and I sketched a teensy bit more.  He stretched again... and again... and again.  Then promptly turned 180°.  Sigh.


Monday:

I could no longer resist the 50% off calendar sale at our local Hastings.  My husband is a sucker for coolers and flashlights.  I'm a sucker for sketchbooks and calendars.  I found a page-a-day word origins calendar to enrich our brains, a small desk calendar with separate pages for doodling, and this most adorable planner.


I'm not usually a sucker for cute things (except toddlers & pets), but this little thing is so freaking cute, it's entirely irresistible!

I didn't notice the goals page until I got it home - bonus!



The days are a perfect sketch/doodle size - big enough to record the day, small enough to not be intimidating.


Extra pages between the months have random uplifting quotes.


There are a bunch of blank pages at the end, some with titles like "Books to read" or "Places to go."  It's quite motivational.  Even the spine exhorts "Take me with you."  How fab is that?



Tuesday:

After multiple super chilly days, yesterday was in the upper 40's, so I finally took down the outside Christmas lights.  The highlight of the day, though, was picking up The Artist's Guide to Sketching by James Gurney and Thomas Kinkade.  This book was on my if-I-ever-get-rich list.  It is out of print and the cheapest used copy on Amazon is $139.  Yikes!  I put in a request through the interlibrary loan system and 2 weeks later here it is.  I finally cracked it open after supper last night and I'm already loving it.  I hope to stumble across a not so outrageously priced used copy someday - maybe on eBay.







Wednesday:

Half of the art supplies I ordered with my Christmas bucks arrived!  Woot!  I can't test them out just yet since I STILL haven't started on my Sketchbook Project pages.  That's right, I just shared a whole bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with what I SHOULD be doing.

I'll be creatively cramming over the weekend, but I now have a new, improved and hopefully quite brilliant and somewhat simple idea.  I'll let you know if it actually goes as planned by next Wednesday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...