Monday, September 2, 2013

Where the Links Lead

I found something today that every single creative human should read, especially if you're an "I do it when I have time" creative.

The blogs I follow often link to another intriguing blog or article, which has a link to something else of interest.  This could go on endlessly.  Today it was James Gurney's post about Ernest Watson and his pencil techniques.  The comments section had a link to Kathy Hodges' Art and Nature post about the paper Mr. Watson used.  I then found her post about the struggles of painting when time allows.  In it, she linked to an Onion article "Find the thing you're most passionate about, then do it on nights and weekends for the rest of your life."

Go read it.  It's accurate, funny, sad and motivating.  Seriously - go read it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...