Monday, October 29, 2012

Stayin' Alive

Halloween means decorating, carving loads of pumpkins, creating food for the office party & planning a costume.  Between the recent trip and preparing for Halloween, squeezing in the art has been challenging - doable, but definitely a challenge.  More vacation art & recent sketchbook attempts coming in November.

In the meantime . . . As this journey progresses, I've noticed more and more that bits of songs, odd things people say and catchy phrases get stuck in my head and illustration ideas start forming (like this.)  A resurfacing pattern from eons ago.  I found a yellowed drawing pad while rummaging through old books at my parents' house this summer.  One page included mini song illustrations by a preteen me.  We now interrupt the regularly scheduled sketchbook report for a blast from the past.

  Song illustration from the late 70's...

Bang! Stab! Poison! ...and, um, Ugh!     If only the Bee Gees had hired me... 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...