Monday, March 31, 2014

Work in Progress

Update:  The medical issues with my pop-in-law kicked me out of the Drawing on the Right Side momentum.  I've done two pages of that book in the last month.  The (almost) daily little drawings in the journal continue.  Sketchbook Skool starts Friday - YAY!

The biggest news of the day, however,  is not what I'm drawing, but where I shall be doing so.  I rearranged the guest room last fall to include a little art space.  It's a nice little space with supplies nearby, but still very bedroom-ish.

We recently decided it is finally time to replace the worn carpet throughout the upstairs.  YES!  My husband suggested more durable hard flooring for my studio area. (grin)  I said - as long as we're redoing the floor, I might as well replace the dated bedroomey wallpaper with neutral paint.  He said - as long as we're ripping up carpet, we might as well refinish the baseboards.  And - as long as we have the room bare, we might as well remove the popcorn ceiling.  And - as long as we're removing that popcorn ceiling, we might as well do the same to the other two bedrooms.  And - the kitchen will then have the last of the popcorn ceiling, so we should fix that.  And - as long as we're in the kitchen working...   It doesn't end.  My husband loves updating... a lot.
That photo above is the before and below is ... Tadah!


No, it's not done, but it is about half way - just the ceiling and closets to paint before the floor goes in.  This is the cause of blog neglect and lack of drawing.  The flooring should be done by Friday.  The furnishings will take a bit longer since my hubby is building me shelves out of old fence wood (more grinning).

Back to painting - Benjamin Moore latex, not Winsor Newton watercolor.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...